Thursday, January 17

4-Days and Waiting

Kathy sent me off to Houston this last Monday and Tuesday for treatments that started at 7am Tuesday morning. I returned home that evening around sundown. All the tests were completed but the numbers from the bone marrow were not finished. Wednesday you could find me at my local hospital, Southern Hills, with 2 and 2 - blood components until the wee hours this morning.

So, I'm working from my home office today and taking a break from all the running and scheduling. Kathy and I are waiting for a call from Houston to see how my bone marrow tests are looking and what direction they recommend. Some news I did receive is that my blasts cells have dropped from 30% to 20% - it is good news but...don't get too excited...they should be less than 5%.

We'll know more after the doctors have put their heads together and call us. I have the next round of chemo pills setting on my desk; I won't have to travel back for them should I need to begin another regime. I'll have more to this post after the call. JW

No comments: