Wednesday, January 30

Kathy has a smile on her face.

AM/ I'm taking Kathy to her new doctor today at noon. She has not been 100% since we returned from Houston. We're hoping this doctor will listen to her, run a battery of tests and help her feel better.

My cancer doctor has moved my visit from this week to next... no labs this week! I know my body so well now that if I need red blood or platelets I know to rush for labs right away.
My next scheduled trip to MD Anderson in Houston is Feb 18-19.
The chemo pills will be completed on Jan 22nd so we'll see what my blood numbers are saying at that time. I am focused on Kathy's health as well as mine.

PM/ The results of Kathy's visit with her new doctor were....well, I can say she has finally found someone who understands her. She has set in motion some much needed tests over the next month. Actually, the doctor seemed like she had seen many women like Kathy and instinctly knew right away what to do. She emphasized that stress can put our systems completely out of whack to a point we begin to actually take on serious medical problems. Stress!

Kathy and I are so grateful to Pat and Bob for sharing their wonderful doctor. It just means the world. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Jerry, you are in our thoughts and prayers. My parents told me one time that the first 100 years were the toughest. God Bless you both and thank you for such a beautiful BLOG site.

Johnny and Twyla