Wednesday, April 16

Hospital II

My blood numbers were too low to allow me to live outside the hospital another day. So, Kathy checked me in Tuesday afternoon where I received 1-unit of platelets and 2-units of blood... the last unit is about to finish this morning.
My room has a beautiful view looking west. The tops of several palms trees and the LV mountains 3-miles away make for great viewing all day. I'll be here until my white cell count recovers... it's currently .9 - I think that means I have less than one white cell running around protecting my whole body. What hair I've grown on my head will likely be grazed off over the next week.
Kathy and I have enjoyed a wonderful spring together in the Las Vegas valley. My family is arriving on Mother's Day next month. I'm anxious to get all this chemo out of the way so I'll feel well enough to entertain. JW

No comments: