Saturday, June 7

Back from Huntsman

We (Joe and I ) completed our round trip to Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City last night after arriving late in Mesquite. We spent the night there before coming back home this morning (Saturday).
Salt Lake City is very lush, green and clean...just a wonderful place for the summer.
We even had breakfast Friday morning driving up Immigration Canyon at Ruth's Diner and her famous Mile-High biscuits!
The best news is that Dr. Shami has 3-clinical trials he would like me to consider. So, Kathy and I will explore these options with Dr. Sanatinia on Thursday during our visit.
Both of my doctors have a long friendship and are comparing notes in preparation for our meeting on Thursday. The Huntsman Center does do stem cell transplants should I decide on that later.
Driving for 12-hours is not something I would do again as an overnight trip. Flights today only costs about $150-round trip with half-dozen airlines listed.
Tuesday will be blood transfusions and Thursday will be decision time. More on that next weekend. JW

No comments: