Saturday, June 14

Clofarabine and Beyond!

We're still exploring the clinical trial research study. That means I'm still learning what it is and it's side effects and if I can take it here rather than in SLC. The treatment is a more aggressive form of clinical trial than I've had in the past while in Houston. It is administered by infusion as an inpatient for 5-days. If we can get the drug and if my hospital can do it then staying here in LV would certainly work better for Kathy and me. I'm meeting with both doctors early next week to answer questions and schedule the clinical trial. JW

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Whit,
Sitting here in Denver, both of our good old stomping grounds. My oldest, Kimberly graduated from Denver University last Saturday. Dam, what a proud Dad I am! I will call you in hopes of the lunch when we get back to Vegas Tuesday. Stay strong, the Hutch crew and all of Denver are routing for you!
Best,
H

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Jerry SLC is very pretty and what a perfect time to go. Anyway I hope this new trial works out for ya. I couldnt imagine going thru all you have... When I had ITP I was so tired of the tests and stuff I think the bone marrow test was the probably the hardest of it all but ateast when they took out my spleen things worked out... well atleast I was able to lead a kinda normal life hahaha anyway guess what I am trying to say is I hope that one of these treatments kicks something into gear. Been looking into tickets to fly down to see ya okay this is getting long so TTFN love ya tell the fammily hi from me

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry, I am working today, so I am also trying to keep up with my emails. I still haven't had my home computer repaired yet. Sorry you are not feeling so good, but very glad to hear that the Doc's have this Clofarabine. Maybe it is just what you need. I will, as always have you in my prayers. I talked to Aunt Corrine early last week and got her up to speed about you. She sounds just wonderful. Keep that glorious smile on your face and in your heart. Love you, Cousin Gail PS: Bonnie's heart surgery went well and she is up and out of the hospital already. You know you can't keep us Caulk girls down.