Thursday, May 15

Caught between two places

The doctor said my blast cells number 10% following my last round of chemo and a bone marrow aspiration. That's too high for stem cell transplant and too low for another round of chemo. Caught in-between... my life over the last couple of years is setting in-between. Quality of life has become paramount in my thinking recently.
Mom and Dad's visit ended this morning as they left to drive back to Florida. Tony and Billie were here with their 5th-wheel and left this morning as well. Their visit was wonderful and I'll put some photos here of us real soon.
Kathy and I are alone with our thoughts about me especially since my meeting the Dr. Sanatinia. So we'll report our thoughts with the next posting. JW

1 comment:

Gail Sullivan said...

Hi Jerry, I haven't had a computer for awhile. Our's got hit by lighting on Oak's Day (Fri. before Derby day). Yes, we did have a surge protector but it still happened. I'm sorry to here things are not going so well for you. Mom had a few set backs too. Just stay strong in your mind and heart that God can & will help you. I was glad to read that you had a visit with your Mom & Dad. There's nothing like family LOVE to surround yourself with in times of trouble. Just know you have a lot more here in Louisville that is sent up in prayers for you daily. Everyone here is doing ok with just a few exceptions...Bonnie is having issues with her heart and will be having surgery on the 4th of June. Dr's don't expect any trouble. Trina has her MS medication going now and hopefully that will go well for her. Everyone else is ok as far as I know. Keep that wonderful smile on your face and I will talk to you again real soon. Love, Cousin Gail