Wednesday, May 21

Staying Home

Mom and Dad arrived back in Florida last night. We spoke every evening as they traveled I-10 back across the southern portion of our country. Although Dad drove for 11-days (he's 87) and said it seemed like much more. The trip was sure wonderful healing for me and afforded Kathy and my folks to spend more time together than all of our 25-years of marriage.

I've decided to stay here in LV to fight this blood disorder. I will have more mental energy and more love around me than I could ever have in Houston. MD Anderson holds no guarantees for someone of my age and condition. Here I have quality of life, my friends, my family, my home and my doctors. I've even started seeing my kinesiologist just to gain balance in my body.

Medically, I will be doing labs 2x/week and blood transfusion 1x/week. We will continue to look for clinical trials for my MDS that fit my condition. More importantly - enjoy every minute I'm alive. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a good time with Grandma and grandpa they are just so great. Still have never heard from Uncle Tony but am glad he came to see you as well. As allways you seem very busy but with the family all there sounds like it was a great way to stay busy. All my love and blessings
Roger

p.s. was great to chat with ya on the phone look foreward to it again