Thursday, July 24

Relief and Rest.

It is now 2:40pm. Jerry and I talked for a few minutes...but I could tell that he was pretty worn out from being so active this morning. He is doing so well staying alert, and breathing steady.  It is still very tiring for him but he is doing it.  I asked him what he was telling himself inside his head to keep so strong and defiant.  He said, "There are all kinds of things going on in here, Laura....you would be amazed!"

Mom is home taking a little break. In the afternoons his pain starts to get to him...he called the nurse and asked for a pain shot. He joked with the nurse about how fast it took effect....that he hadn't felt that good since the 60's...and how nice it felt to get some relief so that he could sleep.  I told him I would be right here...quiet as a mouse working on the blog. He is asleep now...well, at least for 9 more minutes.

Laura

No comments: