Wednesday, July 23

A morning shave.

This morning mom, my husband Jim and I arrived and again Jerry was sitting up, finishing his morning cereal. Today he got his Special K. The television was on, and when he saw Regis and Kelly he decided he wanted to shave...and he did. He has been off the Bi-pap machine since before we got here and it is now close to 10am. He doesn't talk much because it is easier for him not to...but when he does he is mostly clear and understands what is happening. He is resting quite comfortably right now...dozing off here and there, trying to read the ticker on the CNN channel. Dr. Kaplan came in moments ago, and told us his white blood count has gone down from 39,000 yesterday to below 12,000 today. Very good news. His lungs are still very full of fluid, and his kidneys are being watched closely for failure due to all the medications he is on. This will be the third day of chemo. He is asleep right now, with his glasses on.

Laura

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so very special and strong. I keep you all in my prayers even though I don't personally know you I feel you guys in my heart. Love, cousin Gail

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Jerry,

We will keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts!

Anonymous said...

our thoughts and prayers are with you. stay strong!! love mary and ron

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with all of you....Keep your wonderful attitude in full speed! Love you to pieces Jer! Cousin Kim and Greg xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Jerry I think of you and pray for you everyday. My heart hurts to think of you in any pain, when you are think happy thoughts.
Love Alice

Anonymous said...

Love ya Uncle Jerry. Will keep prayin huggs to the family and to you..