Tuesday, July 22

Tuesday. Hour by Hour

Thank you to Bob and Pat, Jim and Loree for your thoughts. As I am writing this for my dad (Jerry), we sit in the room with him. When mom and I arrived this morning, he was sitting up, and to our surprise... quite alert. He was ready for some breakfast. He insisted on eating a bowl of cheerios by himself which he managed to do quite well. He mentioned that it wasn't Special K..but he ate it anyway. He was off the Bi-pap machine for well over an hour... which is a remarkable improvement from yesterday. His breathing stayed calm and steady, but was still difficult and tiring for him. He said he felt as though he was in a test tube all night, and asked us to tell him about it...we did. The three of us had a few good talks in those moments of clarity and he even managed to rattle off a few eye rolls and quick witted words to mom. After leaving last night, mom and I thought we wouldn't get to talk to the Jerry we know again. It was wonderful to have him back even for that brief of a time.
I will try to keep updating often throughout the day...having the computer here at the hospital does help...things change hour to hour. I know everyone is very concerned, and wants to know what is going on...the support that Jerry has is unbelievable and strong. I will do my best to share the information.

Laura

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jerry and Kathy!!!

I have had an overwhelming amount of people calling me and asking me about Jerry. I have sent everyone to this wonderful blog to get updates as they become available.

If there is anything that any of us here at LVGI can do, I know we will make it happen for you two!

Thanks Laura for keeping all of us updated, it helps!

Lot of love from everyone here at LVGI.

Your buddy,

Jacquie and crew :)

bobby taylor said...

Laura
My name is Bobby Taylor I met your dad in 1993 when i moved to Las Vegas and we have been great friends ever since. Please let him and Kathy know I am praying for them.It really saddens me to know that Jerry is not doing better. I saw him about amonth ago and he looked good.Please let him know i miss his smiling face and great attitude.
Best wishes
your friend
Bobby Taylor