Thursday, October 2

Home is where the love is...

It has been a calm week at home. Except for some house maintenance that needed to be taken care of. There has been much rest, and quiet times together. Jerry has requested some of his favorite meals and mom has been glad to oblige. Mornings are spent with Jerry writing letters, calling his folks, and drinking some coffee. Afternoons are spent eating lunch, and conversation. Evenings are spent with a great meal, the news, and maybe a movie.

Hospice visited with the three of us on Monday...it went very well. A nurse will be here with Jerry every other day or so and is available for any sort of help 24-7 day or night.

We are grateful for all the positive help and comfort coming our way.

Thanks and Love to all,

Jerry, Kathy and Laura

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry,
Very glad to hear your'e home and doing ok. I think you can do more to heal yourself if your in the right enviroment. Home sounds like that place for you now. You and your family are in my daily prayers and I know prayer can be a powerful thing. God knows it kept Mom strong and really, the rest of us for many years. I hope the donor works out this time.
Love and Hugs to you, Cousin Gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry,

You may not have beat this disease, but it also has not beat you!!
You are an amazing person and I am proud to be your cousin.

Love Chuck

Anonymous said...

Jerry, I send you much love,hope and happiness! I really do miss seeing you. You are a great husband, Dad,Person and Friend. I am glad you are home with your loving family!!
Kathy Veltre

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry, Kathy!
Hutch back from the road again! Just checking in to say hi and as always, would love to see you soon and let us know if you need anything!
With love,
Hayley, Hutch, Cole and Lauren

Anonymous said...

Well dear friend, I just wanted to let you know I will always be here for you, and if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
It sounds like you still have everything under control, and a lot of good family and friends helping you get the love and hope you deserve.
Sincerely and always your friend John
P.S. Quit posting this crap .. it ruins my bad boy image .. LOL

Anonymous said...

Jerry & Kathy,
I am praying that you both are doing very well. I am glad you made it to SLC & even more so that you have made it back home. I keep you in my prayers & hope always for the very best for you. May God bless you both & may you know that I am here for both of you.
Love,
Debbie Q

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Whitlow family - glad to see that Jerry is home and comfortable. Pls take care of yourselves and enjoy each other. My family says prayers daily for you and you must know that much love/support is all around you. Enjoy the fall season and know we are thinking of you...Rox, Steve, Travis and baby Connor. Steve was still hoping for a good game of golf this year in LV - but money has been so tight - maybe he can try for early next year. Take care pls and much love to you and the entire family.