Wednesday, August 27

Over the hump and late on the draw

I'm way late in updating my blog.
My morning process generally starts with a blood draw at 4am. Labs like to get started early.
I've had platelets and/or packed red cells just about every day... sometimes late into the evening when I have an emergency noise bleed. The doctors watch my blood numbers very closely.
I find relief with drugs that allow me to sleep in the afternoons... quiet times when I skip lunch and just need to relax - when I need to shut down.
I'm developing a morning routine so I can complete all the tasks before the doctors start their rounds and issue orders. I often skip lunch as I am too busy to finish 3-meals. I have a large patio just out my back door which allows me to take several walks a day. SLC is nice this time of year but can be a little cool in the mornings. My shower is generally later in the morning around the skipped lunch hour. I have dropped some weight and eating just does not put it back on. The food here is good value and I have multi-choices.
The doctors advised me to get plenty of rest to recover from the chemo just completed last Saturday. It might take a couple of weeks to pull another BMA to see how the bone marrow is reacting to all the treatments.
I will continue to be more current as my time with my MacBook and the new iPhone will keep me learning for weeks to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry bro! I am so relieved whenever I see you enter your own words on the blog... I breathe again. Bless your heart, your family's heart and all your many friends and loved ones.
You've caused me to enter the 21st century finally... I created an e-mail address for myself:
gradymon@yahoo.com
Does this mean I'm going to Jamaica? I hope so...

Love you with all my heart my dear friend... ever anything I can do to make it better.... let me!

Anonymous said...

Jerry,
You never cease to amaze me. You are a real inspiration to me. I now take time to smeel the flowers every day.
Clyde

Anonymous said...

Keep on fighting Jerry. Your a real inspiration to the entire Vanderhye family.

Anonymous said...

Jerry - was glad to see the update. It sounds like they are keeping u buzy. I am sure the afternoon siesta is a welcome thing also. Hope you & the family have a good labor day weekend - stay strong. Prayers are said daily for you and I look forward to your health returning!! How do u like the new iPhone?? Take care and will blog back again soon. It is wonderful to see/read all the support and love that surrounds you!! - Later - Rox