Thursday, December 6

2nd Round of Chemo

That will be the last 18-hour day for traveling to MD Anderson. I'm looking into ways to arrive there the previous day, stay overnight, start the treatments the next morning, and then leaving in the afternoon. But, that won't take place again until January 15th.

I started my chemo pills yesterday; 5-pills each day for 5-days. I am going to maintain a diary of the side effects. It wasn't too bad the first time around and I'm expecting about the same this time around... it just feels like you have the flu at times.

Blood tests today are placing me in the hospital Friday morning for 3-units of red cells and 2-units of platelets. Which will pretty much take 10-12 hours of my day to fill up my tanks. Thanks for the phone calls and eMails from everyone over the last couple days. I will have plenty of time to catch up tomorow...I'll be in bed with my laptop. Feel free to call... no WIFI in my room. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Uncle Jerry I just had to tell ya I love the old time pic viewer that is kewl
Hope your doing great. miss talkin to ya.
I have to tell ya that in 40 years I dont think I had ever seen uncle tony without a mustache wow that was a trip.
I am sure you had a wonderful time with the family. anyway all my love man
Roger