Tuesday, December 11

Past Chemo

Last Friday, following Shawn's visit, I completed the treatment of red cells and platelets. I finished my 2nd round of chemo on Sunday and received more platelets on Monday. I'm not sure what I'm doing with all these extra components but I sure feel better when it's all inside me.
The Chemo is planned to knock down my blood numbers but it also drops my white cell count which exposes me to infection. Tonight for our Anniversary Kathy and I had reservations to a nice Italian restaurant (graciously setup by our friend Mark) ...but the doctor has advised me to move it to next week for fear of any infection in public.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, I check your blog entrys every couple of days and I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know you are keeping up such a good attitude and doing so well. As always you are an inspiration.

Pat and I are off to KY in couple of days for the holidays.
I do wish you and Kathy a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Chuck