Thursday, December 20

Some Memories & Inspiration

Overcoming adversity
Grady has been my friend since High School and is a consummate and inspiring writer. Through the years he has graciously shared many of his compositions which have lifted my spirits and helped me to overcome adversities in my life.
Most recently he shared this:

Ride the Miracle within you - Determine your own strength -
You always loved doing things the hard way -
I really want to see you rise up now!
Grady is a wonderful friend to have.

I also heard from my cousin Chuck in California... he is traveling to visit his sisters in Kentucky. As a child I always remember special summer nights with Linda, Charlotte and Chuck catching lightening bugs and laying on the roof of the front porch of Grandma's house who always lived next door until we moved to CO in 1958.

What's left when you don't have memories... life is all about memories isn't it?

I returned home last night after midnight. I received transfusions of platelets and red cells so I could have a productive morning and attend our company Christmas party this evening.
Kathy has not seen many of the LVGI people since last summer.
I love to see her so excited and alive after what we have been through together.

I will complete another lab on Monday and then expect not to see the inside of a hospital until all our visiting family has left Las Vegas on the 30th.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Love-JW

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jerry,
It was so nice to recieve the Christmas card from Kathy and you. You have always had such a caring, selfless heart. We love you and wish you the Merriest Christmas ever. I know God is with you. We love you.
Love, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hey man,
I just wanted you to know that I have allways admired you and looked upto you. I look at my life which is full of adversity and chaos and hear from my family how bad we have it. ha adversity and chaos my ass. You are AMAIZING and a blessing to all who are lucky enough to know you. I know you better than I know Don and I am greatful for it. I just wish I would have been around you more so I could be more like you. I want you to know You are a man of honor and I love you very much. I hope to see you soon. I just have to figure out how. anyway Merry Christmas. And tell the family I said it to them
All my love
Roger

Kathy said...

Thanks for the comments and thoughts from you two. I sure hope you had a wonderful holiday. We have family in every day thru New Years. Love you guys. JW