Saturday, December 29

The In-Laws from Denver

Our daughter Laura is very lucky to have In-laws like Jim and Loree.
Jim and Laura's marriage does not contain any nightmares.
Following dinner with them on Thursday night (our first meeting), Kathy and I had the Vanderhye brood at our home for a late Christmas celebration on Friday. I think our grand kids have had 3-Christmases this year!

The day began with Kathy and I starting the turkey at 7am. We continued preparing all day until we set down with a glass of wine around 1:30. We warned anyone that if they showed up before 2pm that they would be put to work.

Soon after the party began Ron and Kathy from Summerlin paid us a surprise visit...as well as our very dear friend Robbie.

If you know my wife then you know there was enough food to feed the west side homeless!
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and Kathy entertained us with her piano playing and a fun game of trying to guess song titles and movie themes. The grand kids were experts when the Disney ones were played.

It was a wonderful Christmas and hopefully not my last.

Monday which is New Years Eve... I'll be admitted to the hospital for labs and transfusion.
Kathy and I will request a view of the Las Vegas strip so we can watch the fireworks from my bed side. We will open the beautiful bottle of Perrier Joulet Champagne that Jim and Loree gave us and drink from the handpainted glasses.

Happy New Years everyone! JW

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Whit!
The Hutch crew wishes you and all my favorite South African New Years greeting "may the best of 2007 be the worst of 2008 for you"!
My travel has been non stop but please keep posting, I follow all of it closely.
Happy New Year Jerry,
Hutch