Thursday, March 13

Tammy Jo

I had a visit from Tammy this morning... she is my other niece - Shawn's younger sister - who lives in Longmont, Colorado. Tammy & Jared have 5-daughters ranging from 13-years to a College Freshmen - living all under the same roof. I have not seen her since she and Jared were here in LV getting married ... about 8-years ago?

We set and visited for a couple hours before she departed. Kathy arrived in the middle of the morning to find this young girl in my room before she recognized Tammy. So, Kathy gave up her morning and left us along to visit.

My visit with Kathy tonight made up our lost time from this morning. She brought White Castle Hamburgers for us to snack on before dinner. Hey, these don't have any pickles!

This week has been leading up to my Bone Marrow Aspiration (BMA) which was done on Wednesday, 3/12. Dr Sanatinia said it would take 24-hours to get the results. Even though the results were not in this morning, Dr. Sanatinia stopped by tonight to tell me that the chemo had reduced my blast cells to 6% -down from 33%. That's good... but not were we need them to be as the White Cells have not recovered. We are waiting for a call from Dr. Kantarjian so we know what to do next.

So, it looks like I get to watch Tiger Woods play again this weekend on my 27" TV in the hospital. Kathy and I always find something of which to entertain ourselves ... so far my time spent here it has not included having to use coloring books. JW

No comments: