Wednesday, August 8

Brotherly Love


This is a time when you TRULY love your brothers/sisters because they might be saving your life! Actually, I've always felt close to Don and Tony-especially at times like this.

So, their blood arrived on Tuesday this week. Our stem cell doctor said we would know next Tuesday if they are a match. And if they are, they will be flown to Houston (lucky them) to be here for 7-10 days while their stem cells are harvested (unlike vampires) and placed into my bone marrow. I wonder if I'll start to look like one of my brothers if only their stem cells are growing in me?

I'm ahead of my self. If my brothers are not match, the clinic has already done a scan of the 3-million in the bone marrow pool and have found about a 100-possible matches. So, that says I'm not returning home without someones stem cells in my system. Then we hope my body does not reject those foreign bodies. Keeping our fingers crossed and prayers aloft we might be home for Thanksgiving! Anyway, yesterday was a big day for us and the next visit on Tuesday will be even bigger.... keep your fingers crossed!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things go well there for ya if uncle Tonys or Dons dont work let me know if I can help ya out. You have allways been good to me Uncle Jerry and even closer to Shawn so if I can help ya let me know. anyway I dont work on monday tuesday wednesday or thursday so if you want give me a call and you can also email me at SoulessMage@hotmail.com
All My love prayers and blessings
Roger

p.s. I would live in Montana if money was no object.. Nice blog

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry & Kathy--
So glad you are settling in, although, we don't want you to get too comfortable as we need you back here in LV---where you belong! I am so glad that things are positive--no negatives allowed! Hoping the rain & frogs disappear for a day or two for you! And can't say too much about the coffe mishap--I did that on vacation with Henry--didn't realize you needed to place the coffeepot JUST RIGHT under the "spewer" of hot water--so I had a mess--the entire pot was on the end table --no napkins or paper towels, so I had to use the bath towels--can you imagine the maid when she saw the towels--she must have thought someone had the "hershey squirts" !!
OK, I will call you later--gotta cover phones today as Myrna is out sick--
Love yas--

Anonymous said...

XOXOXOXO

Well, there's no place like home and if I know my dear Kathy, she has made a wonderful home away from home for the two of you there. I know it's not Vegas, but "home is where the heart is"
Miss you and love you both ...

Jerry, my every thought is full of you. I love you much!

S~

p.s. mom says she's praying for both you and Kathy =-)