Tuesday, August 14


Good news –
my brothers are a match for each other!
Bad news –
they’re not a match for me. (They were like this even at age 6)
Good news –
the pool of matching marrow donors number over 1,000 for me!
Bad news –
we may be here an extra month. (It may be cooler by then!)

So, it’s not all bad news since we have a huge number of matches … it will just take a bit longer. We’re seeing the stem cell director about my allogeneic transplant on Thursday and may have more information. Meanwhile, the unrelated donors are being searched like crazy! And maybe we’ll have another bit of good news during our next visit.

We’ve been waiting 7-days for news that only took 7-seconds. However, we felt encouraged that with so many matching donors to process, we should have a hand full of perfect people in about 30-days+. Meanwhile, we’ll keep our spirits high, our health good and our blog up to date. I thank you for your good vibrations.

(Stem cells are immature blood cells that grow into red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, or plasma cells. Stem cells are an essential part of a person’s immune system.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jerry and Kathy,

Worry is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
- Dorothy Galyean

That is one of my favorite quotes.

I am sorry to hear that you maybe away from LV for another month. Hey just think that's one more month with Boris and Natasha.

While you are away don't worry too much about bingo because we'll take good care of your baby! Just focus on getting some good,sane, healthy stem cells.

As always you are in are thoughts here at LVGI!

Your Bingo Buddies :)

Unknown said...

Hi Whit,
Jaq was telling me about her wine and blanket idea for you all. Sounds spectacular!!! If you want me to send you a couple of bottles of great South African red just let me know!
Hutch

Kathy said...

JQ - thanks for the good thoughts and calming my concerns for our bingo business.

MH - I will hold you to that great South African red... my address is enclosed.

Unknown said...

South African Meerlust Rubicon! A bottle sitting here in Las Vegas for you and Kathy when you get back. I could glue a Bud label on it and send it there to Texas??