Monday, August 27

These Freeways are the PITS!

Kathy successfully completed her second day of training on how to care for my PICC line. We have been at the hospital most of the day. She has been driving everywhere (within a 5 mile radius of the apartment) so she can get to know the streets if I'm not available or unable to drive. If you know us well, you know that Kathy has an aversion for my driving (any driving really) and I can't stomach hers. On our trip out here we joked about how we would both fail miserably at The Amazing Race...just in the first country...maybe just backing out of the driveway! Today, even though the weather was tough... we hedged our bet and went beyond our 5-mile comfort zone to find a Target Store. This required taking a couple more freeways than she could finesse... which brought her to tears by the time I had guided her back to our apartment. She's asleep on the sofa. I may be taking over the driving.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts! JW

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry!
Talked to you this morning, now I am in training with Jaq to see if this works because I am technically challenged!!
Have a great weekend!
Hutch

Anonymous said...

Tell Kathy I'm, the same way in the car, as you know. Raymond lets me do all the driving even though I think he is very uncomfortable. I hope everything else is going ok. Sure do miss your visits.

Kathy said...

Hutch- you always needed a pretty girl to teach you everything.
Diane- talking on the phone is not the same as setting in your office - thanks.