Sunday, October 14

Home at Last!

Laura and Jim drove all night and day. They left Tuesday evening from San Diego and arrived Wednesday evening. It was so good to see our daughter and son in law again. They insisted on being there to help us move back home to Las Vegas. On Thursday morning Laura, Jim and Kathy packed everything up into two cars while I was finishing up blood transfusion at the hospital. By the time I got back to the apartment it was an easy decision to immediately leave Houston for home.

We drove all night Thursday... stopping at a couple of places for breakfast before making it to Tucson, Friday afternoon. Jim and Kathy drove most of the way during the night. The black asphalt, white lines and flat terrain caused all of our brains to go numb.


We started the final travel day, Saturday, at a Waffle House just up the street from the hotel. The whole world should be as nice as that Waffle House! The whole trip was made easier having another car with friends to share the 21-hour drive. Jim and Laura will never know what it meant to have them bring us home!

All my tests and treatments will be surrendered to my cancer center on Monday. I have labs and review with our doctor on Thursday to continue my care at home. The special chemo treatment will continue in Houston when I return on the 30th... but only for 1-day. Hopefully with good care and avoiding contact with sick people, I may have a fighting chance. JW

No comments: