Thursday, October 25

Making Progress

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ok.
We had our labs today and did not need blood... that's 2-weeks without blood... that's great news! The better my blood counts the less often I need transfusions. Maybe the chemo in September and just being home is a great healing... not to discount the many prayers.

As you know I lost my PICC line last weekend so today I had to pre-admit to Spring Valley Hospital for a Port Access in my chest. The operation is to take place at 9am tomorrow morning. Recovery may be 2-3 hours. Having the Port Access in my chest will allow for labs twice a week and easy transfusions when needed.

It is a beautiful fall day in Las Vegas - low 80's. Everything is dry and green with leaves on the trees and it is just plain wonderful for us to be home. My next big event will be traveling to Houston on the 30th to start the 2nd round of chemo. But you best believe we'll enjoy every day until then. JW

No comments: