Sunday, October 21

Ouch!


I started having some swelling and soreness around my PICC line a couple days ago. So when the nurse was here yesterday to show Kathy how to change the dressing I showed her my arm. She measured both arms and found the PICC arm quite larger. That resulted in Kathy and me spending 5-hours in the emergency room making sure I hadn't developed a blood clot before having the PICC line removed and prescribing an antibiotic.

Sounds simple but with only one doctor at the ER everything just seemed to drag on and on. Especially when you know that pot of spaghetti sauce that Kathy had worked on during the morning hours was on the stove when we left... just waiting to be put over some Garlic and Basil Ravioli. I'll be arranging for another PICC line in the other arm or a PassPort in the chest Monday.

It is wonderful to be home and living in the dry desert air! JW

No comments: