Wednesday, October 10

Bound for Home!

Kathy and I are headed home. Our donor canceled. Our 2nd donor is less than perfect. I've canceled the stem cell and will head home this weekend. This whole process is too long with too many unpleasant lasting effects. I'll return to Houston every 5-6 weeks to continue the chemo trial I'm on and the rest of the time I'll be under my doctors care in Las Vegas.

Time will show that I can take care of myself, play more golf, have less stress and repair the damage to my system brought on by me. If not, then I've given it my best shot. At least I'll be amoung my family and friends and living the life I want for as long as I can.

As my good friend Russ says, "I find things often work out for the best even though differently than planned." I say let's work on that! JW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry & Kathy--
I am sure you both have so many mixed feelings at this time, but you need to know that you have plenty of friends & family that love you both....there is no greater medicine than that!! I am going to agree with both of you that this is a BETTER PLAN for your body----perhaps the other choice was just not meant to be FOR YOU!!
I am SOOO glad you are returning to us..
and Kathy, we will make sure he takes GOOD CARE of himself---even if we have to BEAT it into him!!
Have a safe trip home---
See ya soon..
Debbie

Anonymous said...

wow well uncle Jerry I am sorry the doner dropped out. If anyone can make their life better you can.
You have allways been an awesome person and I know you will allways be. You are a good man one that I have allways easily admired and loved. you can do anything so go have fun at home AND again i say if there is anything I can ever do gimmie a holler
Love you uncle Jerry

Roger

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jerry I am so sorry the donor didn't work out. For some reason God lets bad things happen to good people. Don't lose faith we will just need to pray for a miracle. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I Love you

Anonymous said...

You Go Dude!
Cousin Chuck