Sunday, November 11

Hearing Voices




I heard from my old friend in Denver, Ron Cisco. Even with the blog it's still great to hear a
friends voice. He never fails to call me monthly. My calendar reminded me that it was
Terry's Preble's Birthdayt. She was my first "girl friend" back in high school. I called her just to hear her voice. I know that she reads the blog every other day from Austin, TX. She told me she bought a larger home just to move her father George from the nursing home in
with her. I spoke to George for the first time today in 35-years. He sounded
very much the same as I remember.
The voices from our daughters Julye and Laura today were as welcome to me as I'm sure my voice is to my Mom and Dad living in Tampa. I'm grateful that they are there to call. Seeing my folks and my brothers over the Thanksgiving Holiday will be wonderful but saying goodbye to them for possibly the last time will be the hardest moments of my life. I am so grateful that Kathy insisted I go. JW

No comments: