Tuesday, November 13

Round trip Report

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
All went well at MD Anderson, Tuesday. So well they had me folded, stapled, released and even scheduled for my next trip in December before I could leave the building.

Dr. Kantarjian said my blood numbers are holding and that I won't need to start another round of chemo soon. He wants my Las Vegas doctors to monitor the numbers weekly and have me return to Houston, December 4th. It means the chemo I finished in September is still working. That's a big YEAH!

So, the 2nd clinical trial of Clofarabine will be put on hold until December following a bone marrow aspiration (those are fun) to see if my stem cells are working better. Hey, I feel better just having played golf with my friends on Monday.

Just wanted everyone to know that things are looking good. I learned from my doctors Personal Assistant that my stem cell donor dropped out last month because it was discovered through all of his preparations for the transplant that he had hepatitis.

Maybe... I saved his life! JW

No comments: