Saturday, November 17

One All-Nighter

My labs tell us how well my body is producing blood. And this month has been a good one with only a transfusion of platelets back on November 6th. However, I finally needed 3-units of red cells and 2-units of platelets this last Thursday that started in the afternoon and ended at 5:30 the next morning. It was important to be done by sunrise because I had a 7am schedule for hair cut and a pedicure!

I followed several meetings at the office with a scheduled visit with Dr. Sanatinia at mid-morning along with Kathy to review my progress. I seem to be producing fewer platelets right now and he wants me to have my blood checked while I'm in Florida in case I need more. I sure was hoping to have a week away from all this while visiting Mom and Dad.

However, I am very excited about seeing my brothers and my folks along with several aunts and uncles who are wintering in Florida. Mom will have about 15-people for Thanksgiving! My going to Florida for Thanksgiving was Kathy's idea... sure wished she was going with me. JW

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Whit!
Stopped by the office hoping to see you and the booth at the show. No luck, it's you and me on the golf course one of these days! I still have this bottle of Meerlust Rubicon SA wine for you guys when I can catch up with you. I am leaving for South Africa this weekend and will call you when I get back. Maybe a long way away, but my thoughts are always with you! Keep getting stronger and I'll see you in a few weeks.
Best
Hutch

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Jerry hope you have a wonderful time with the Grandparents tell them I love them much and give them huggs from the family and I tell Uncle Tony I said hey as well as Don
peace and blessing to you keep well my friend
love ya]
Rog

Anonymous said...

I am thankfull this Thanksgiving, that such a dear friend of mine is ABLE to spend Thanksgiving Day and meal with his parents and siblings. I am even more thankfull that his Blog is still on the internet. I am thankfull that both of my sons are living and that my oldest is now 6 monthss clear of meth. I am thankfull that my youngest son has found the love of his life and is enjoying their life together in Seattle. I am thankfull that I can write this to such a dear friend and share my thankfullness with him. I am further thankfull that I know, beyond a doubt, that God exists.

Love you my dearest friend of 35 years. Trust you will get through this!!!

Kathy said...

Hutch...thanks I am looking forward to that bottle of wine and time with you.JW

Roger...best wishes from all the Whitlows here in Florida!!!