Saturday, September 15

Fast-Track Friday

End of the week and another round of labs (showing I need platelets) and this time a bone marrow aspiration to review the results of the last round of chemo. The good news is I'm still healthy to proceed to stem cell transplant! I completed the dental checkup yesterday and passed... put off the cleaning until next Wednesday.

I got a buzz cut from the Juke Jive down the street... sent the photo to Flickr for you to check out! We have a clear sky this morning in Houston and I need to walk over to the golf course to work off the soreness of the aspiration. Maybe I can borrow a putter and practice a little?

I will receive chemo the week before the transplant which will require me to be in isolation for the process. Maybe during that time I can write many thank you notes to everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and cards. JW

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Outstanding news on the go forward! Stay strong and see you soon back here!
Hutch

Unknown said...

Hey there-

Sounds like everything is going very well. We miss you guys a bunch here and can't wait for Jerry to be as healthy as a horse when he comes back home.

I love this blog very much. It helps pass the time and I also am able to catch up with the two of you on a daily bases.

See you soon your bingo team and friends at lvgi. :)

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Kathy,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I know life takes us down many paths and my life has been richer for having crossed yours. I know you have lots to think about but just know that we care about you. Call me when you get back.
Gary & Nancy Hartman