Thursday, September 27

The Donor Speaks

It is true that we now have a game plan that starts me on a schedule to get my body ready for the stem cell transplant on

Thursday, November 1st.
There is a good deal of prep work and testing that needs to be done before the donor stem cells are implanted into my body. There will be more information on that as my calendar fills up from Dr. deLima.

After the transplant... we will need to stay in Houston for a minimum of 100-days. This time is critical as only MD Anderson can save my life if I get any kind of infection and start to run a fever.
We listened to the team of Doctors today and realized there might be only a few of these 100 days that I won't feel like doing much, exercising, or running around the hospital halls. However, I am allowed to have my Blackberry and laptop with me during this period of isolation and will continue to work as much as possible as well as correspond with my team in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that things are sounding so well and hopefull... Not sure what a blackberry is but I am glad you will have your laptop so we can chat
if you need anything that I can help you out with dont hesitate to holler
Hi Kathy and family
love you all
blessing and prayers
Roger