Tuesday, September 11

Houston-we have a game plan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe awaited day is still going on as I'm in the Transfusion ward receiving blood components and updating my friends on the results of today's visits with both doctors. The important visit with Dr. de Lima told us that 2-donors are a perfect match (maybe even better than my lovable brothers). So, we now have a plan to administer the stem cell transplant in 30-days.
I am very lucky to have two (with a third on the warming bench) when some people have none. The choice between the two was extended from 10-markers to 12-markers and both passed!
So now it's a matter of age, sex and availability.
It looks like I'll get my wish and return home disease free.
There are a great number of tests I need to take (including a dentist) that must give me a passing grade so I can go through the 7-days of chemo timed so I am readywhen the stem cells arrive from my donor. I'll be ready! JW

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news! You will remain in my prayers for everything to work out perfectly. You and Kathy will be home before you know it.
Stay positive.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ol buddy, Pat & I are both so
relieved to learn that you have
matches with one at bat, one on deck, and one in the dugout. No doubt it been a very harrowing
experiance both you and kathy have been confronted with, we appllaud you. once the transplant is complete, and you are back in vegas, I am looking forward
to that round of golf.
Best of luck with the remaing procedures, both of you hang in and hang tough.
Lots of Amor
Bob & Pat

Anonymous said...

Jerry, THAT IS WONDERFULL!!!!!
EVERYONE'S PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED!!!!!!! I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU AND KATHY!!!!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU (HEALTHY) WHEN YOU COME HOME!!!!!
Love and hugs and kisses!!
Kathy Veltre

Kathy said...

It's a long road but we're on the right track. Thanks for your support. JW

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday, Jerry ~ Glad to read your good news! You and Kathy must be elated! Enjoy your weekend. Sending you smiles, Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry, so very glad to hear things are looking up for you. I hope you have gotten my other emails because I'm not very computer savy. Anyway, know that I have you and your family in my prayers and that you are loved so very much here in Louisville.
cousin Gail

Anonymous said...

Jerry,
Glad to hear your good news! Will continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers daily. We certainly will miss you on Saturday, but you are where you need to be at this time.
Love you,
Cuz Nancy