Saturday, September 8

One day closer to Tuesday

I went for labs yesterday (testing the blood counts) and had to stay for platelets. The average person has a count of 140 and I had 6. I keep receiving all these bags of blood and wonder where the old blood is going... don't let your mind wonder too far.

The week has been uneventful at the hospital as all I've done is labs and receive blood components. The good news is I am still healthy to proceed into transplant. The weather here is always 50% chance of rain, higher or lower, and humidity to match the temps. I have not played golf. I'm really never sure when a cloud will wonder off the Gulf and dump 2" on us. These people think nothing about flooded streets and stranded cars!

Kath and I are staying in and healthy this weekend and watching the US Open Tennis and Tiger Woods at the BMW Championship. I really miss my plasma screen on weekends like this. We will be making some serious plans after our visits with all the doctors on Tuesday. Thanks everyone!JW

No comments: