Wednesday, February 6

EEK of a Week

Well, two weeks was too long and I ended up going in for transfusions last Monday. My skin looks like I have the Measles from where my blood started leaking thru. My doctor was on vacation and I thought I could make my body do the same. WRONG! I’m seeing my vacationing doctor on Friday this week. So I expect to have another round of blood transfers Friday night into Saturday.
The great news is while Kathy is recovering and healing and taking all these tests, we have our daughter Laura staying with us from San Diego. She is always helping us by entertaining, keeping our minds off our old bodies and keeping our attitudes happy. Besides, she is a preschool teacher and treats us the same of her 3-4 year olds… we fit right in.
My folks living in Florida escaped all the horrible tornadoes this week and are enjoying 65-years of marriage today. Kathy and I are still waiting for both of us to feel good enough on the same evening to enjoy that free dinner waiting for us at Farraros Restaurant for our 25th anniversary.
We’re warming up in Las Vegas and Kathy and I looking forward to getting out and walking the neighborhood just as soon as both of us are back on our feet. Laura plans to leave as soon as Kathy starts giving orders. She’ll know her work is done. JW

No comments: