Tuesday, February 26

Results on Tuesday

I finished chemo late Sunday night and felt like I was run over by a beer truck most of Monday. Parts of me were saying I had the flu and other parts told me I was 101-years old. This stuff is nasty! The doctors and staff here balance the chemo with all kinds of side drugs and IV so I have very little nausea or lose of appetite. My IV's have been reduced from 4 bags to 1 bag.
I expect to see Dr. Sanatinia, my cancer doctor, this afternoon to give me orders for 2-blood transfusions and to give me some idea when I can leave this place. Being isolated in this hospital room has proven more difficult than I expected. Kathy has been making trips up here to a couple times a day; bringing me fresh PJ's and snacks, today's newspaper and just the warm glow of her smile. Her girlfriend Robbie has stopped in a couple times as well.
So, today's the big day and I have a list of questions for the doc as I post this blog before sunrise on this fine Tuesday morning. "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed" - 2 Corinthians 4:8,9
I hope all my extended family everywhere is doing well. Love, JW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey pal, are you sure it was a beer truck and not a VO truck driven by a crazy Colorado VO drinker? What a week you all have had. Keep swinging Jerry.

Johnny

Kathy said...

A VO Truck would have left me softly speaking to myself... thanks John.