Thursday, February 28

Thursday and Counting

My days start with a blood draw for labs and then the doctors decide if I need Red Blood Cells or Platelets... of which I receive around noon. I have a lot of down time and fill it with my laptop computer and doing work at the office through the network. The worst part of the hospital is the food... it's not bad but it's always the same. And my taste buds find everything rather bland. If I have to smell gravy on mashed potato's again I think I'll start a food fight!
I call Mom and Dad every morning around 6am. They are solid. I get a call from my Kathy around 7am who invites me back into my real world and always wants to bring me something I need and something to make me happy. Just seeing her walk into my hospital room with a bag of goodies in one hand and the other arm open to give me a hug is my biggest reason for living. None of this would be worth it without her. And she is very alone most of the time taking care of herself, our life, the bills and me. The burden on the care giver is beyond most peoples understand. She will go days sometimes without a call from anyone but me. I wish very much that she were closer to our family members while I'm away.
Breakfast has arrived, 8:45am, and I can hardly wait to find the mystery meat on my plate.

This is the 9th posting for February... if you want to read any of my previous posts, just click on Older Posts on the bottom of this page or the sidebar on the left labeled "All My Journal Entries"
JW

No comments: