Thursday, February 21

Next comes Chemotherapy

My blood numbers from Houston… not so good. My doctors have told me to give up on these clinical trials and go for Chemotherapy IV. After seeing my doctor here on Wednesday and watching my numbers drop even more, Dr. Sanatinia decided to check me into the hospital for 5-days. I started receiving red cells and platelets right away and into the evening. I am continuing at this moment with my 4th bag of red cells as I write. I knew I was in trouble when I could barely walk from the plane to my car after arriving Las Vegas.
Getting me loaded up on blood count before I start chemotherapy is the goal. I will be receiving Cytarabine and Idarubicin tonight as an infusion into my chest port. My doctor said it is a 3-day process and a couple days of recovery.
Kathy and I are reading about the drugs and will know a lot more after it is pushed into my system. Meanwhile, Kathy has been shopping comfort foods for me. It has been like my birthday every time she comes to visit! JW

No comments: