Friday, February 22

Hospital Day 3

I finished all the 4-blood and 2-platelets and begin chemo on Thursday night. The first bag of chemo took 30-minutes but the 2nd-bag will take 3-days. It is a slow continuous process that will be finished Sunday night. This stuff really attacks the stem cells right out of the bone marrow. We will find out what my blood counts are next week and will rebuild my system with red blood cells and platelets again.
We’re uncertain what the resolve will be other than I will need this process 3-times before I return to MD Anderson in May. Getting into remission is how I will qualify for stem cell transplant. A stem cell transplant is the only thing that will save my life. Kathy and I have talked long and hard about it and will have to make plans to repeat the process started in Houston last August. I’ll have more on the results of the current chemo next week… maybe Monday. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry, I keep up to date on you through this blog and believe me you have so many prayers out there. I talked to Dave and he is not computer savay but sends his love to you and yours. I feel like I know Kathy through this and have never met her. I know your in good hands and that you just have to keep a good state of mind. I'll keep in touch, so until next time, take care and God bless you. Love, Cousin Gail