Tuesday, February 19

Tuesday in Houston

I left Las Vegas on Monday morning to arrive Houston in the early evening. My treatments at MD Anderson start early Tuesday morning. We switched plans in Austin. A young lady sitting by the window next to me went to sleep as we pushed out of the gate and woke up when the wheel touched down in Houston. Pissed me off that I can't get to sleep even after a Tylenol PM!!
My overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express was complete with dinner at either Pizza Hut or Burger King -I chose Burger King as they had seating. Holiday Inn did breakfast the next morning. I was surprised how they could screw up a Denver Omelet and throw in a dry biscuit and still charge me $9.
Labs and blood marrow went well Tuesday morning. My platelets are too low and I bled out on the examination table where they drilled a hole in my ass. Now they've decided to give me platelets before I get back on the plane, however, I have a flight out at 6pm and they can't get started until 4pm. I make my flight or spend another night in Houston.
Kathy is making Oyster Soup for supper and I never miss supper with Kathy! We're seeing our local cancer doctor this Wednesday afternoon to begin an alternate chemo treatment. More on that later. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you Jerry and Kathy. I can imagine how you go day-to-day with this illness. You both are in our prayers.

Johnny & Twyla